Sunday, May 24, 2009

So tonight I was talking to a friend of mine about how I don't understand how some performers can look at their material and think, "good enough is good enough".

How could you not want your material to be the best it can be? I just don't fucking get it. I police my stuff pretty heavily and always looking at it to see how it can be the best it can be.

Most of my personal contact with magicians has been with like minded performers who strive to make their art the best it can be. Talking theory and new methods and... and... now.... Vegas. 4 good shows and about 5-7 BAD ones. Ones that can be improved by SIMPLE things, but they don't, nay WON'T do anything about it.

I'm not saying my magic is the end all be all and hold it up as an example but damn...

I guess the best way to look at it is: the more they suck the better I look... but the more magic as a whole suffers in the eyes of others.

Cest' la vie